Thank you Cait, for nominating me! <3
Check out Cait's twitter and blog
Here's how Liebster works:
1. I list 11 random facts about myself.
2. I'll answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated me.
3. I will then nominate my 11 picks for the award, along with my 11 questions for them to answer when they post a response.
4. If you’re nominated, your name/link will appear at the bottom of this post along with the questions I come up with.
5. Follow the same format; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your nominees…but you cannot nominate the blog who nominated you.
A lot of my more obvious random facts were listed here.
My 11 random facts:
- I was raised by people who are not my biological parents and I have long lost siblings.
- I have a little-known spiritual side. I've studied a lot of comparative religion.
- I was a "goth" in high school. I do have some photographic evidence.
- I can bend my thumb back behind my hand so it's over my knuckle.
- I am in love with Leon Kennedy from the Resident Evil games. My husband has cosplayed as him.
- I am also in love with Shane from the L Word.
- The only time I ever won NaNoWriMo it was by writing 20k of steamy romance scenes in the last couple days.
- I have not recovered from David Tennant leaving Doctor Who. I'm really trying to like Matt Smith. I am. o_o
- The only thing I've ever had published (no pay) was in my university's LGBT literary/arts magazine. It was a contemp short story about two girls falling in love in orchestra.
- I love every single song on Powerman 5000's "Tonight the stars revolt" album.
- I have a lot of regrets. I identify with Florence + the Machine's "Shake it out" more than anyone knows.
Now for Cait's questions:
What category/genre do you write, and why?
I've written a variety of genres in the past but right now I'm focusing on YA. Specifically fantasy. More specifically "science fantasy." If you've ever played the Final Fantasy games I could compare it to those. Airships, cities, magitech, but not steampunk.
What category/genre do you wish you wrote, but just doesn't speak to you?
I wish I wrote historical romance or historical fantasy, if I ever get an idea that really seems like it would fit there, I'd do it, but so far my ideas tend to come with their own crazy worlds.
I have no tattoos. I have three piercings in my ears, two on the left, one on the right. I dye my hair all the time, right now it's near-black brown.
Big 5, Indie, or Self? And why?
I'll think about this more when I actually have something ready to query. Right now I'm sort of assuming I'll try for the Big 5 unless I find a reason not to.
What's your weirdest/most interesting talent?
I think karaoke is my most interesting talent. It certainly seems to entertain the most people at parties.
Dog or Cat?
Both. I grew up with two cats and one of them still lives at my parents' but Jeff and I are thinking when we get our house we're going to get two puppies. He grew up with a dog and I have never had a dog and do like them too.
What inspires you to write?
Music. When I listen to music I see characters doing things, I seriously can't stop it. It's probably due to watching a great deal of anime music videos from a young age.
What is your favorite character you've written?
Lucifira. She was an anti-hero, one POV character in a book with multiple POV's. She wasn't meant to be the main character but she stole the show and stole my heart. She is one source of inspiration for a character in my current WIP.
What is your favorite character you didn't write?
I started listing some but I realized I was just going through my Awesome Characters list, so if you want to know, go read some of those. I will give a shout out to Mason, Kat's character, because I'm not allowed to do an Awesome Characters post on him until he's published, but he is waaaay up the list and would already have one if he wasn't under wraps.
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I honestly have no desire to leave the Pacific Northwest. I wouldn't mind living in a mansion somewhere here though. :)
What is your favorite book of all time?
I can't choose. I tried to decide and I just can't!
My questions for my nominees (shamelessly ripped off from Cait and Kat mostly)
- What category/genre do you write, and why?
- What music are you listening to the most right now?
- Plotter or pantster or what?
- Big 5, Indie, or Self? And why?
- What's your weirdest/most interesting talent?
- Dog or Cat?
- What inspires you to write?
- What is your favorite character you've written?
- What is your favorite character you didn't write?
- Which book do you wish you'd written?
- Name three things you will do this year.
And the nominees are (drumroll please)...
I don't know who else to tag, lots of people have already done it so you get 3 not 11.